*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Maple Syrup Cheesecake


I made this Maple Cheesecake from Dec 09 Bon Appetit for Easter at my sister-in-laws. I didn't start it until 830 Saturday night, which was a BIG mistake. I forgot that cheesecake takes an hour and a half to cook, plus sitting in the off oven time, plus full cooling time. I was out cold on the couch at 10 when the cooking part ended. I took it out and give it another 1/2 hour...it was liquidy and hot still when I just said F-it and threw it in the frig and went to bed. I had full intentions of stopping at the market and grabbing a cake to swap out. In the AM, however, it felt like it had set so I went with it. Notice the whipped cream bunny in the middle...I know you are thinking how cute that is and all, but really it was to cover the crater that was the sunken middle of my shit-cake.

Actually, it was very good; albeit a little soft in the middle. Next time I will let it cook for 1 3/4 to 2 hours and then give it another hour in the oven turned off and then plan for another hour or so out to cool completely. Also, I was too lazy to make the syrup-cranberry compote which in retrospect looked like it would have added nicely to the cake.

No comments: