*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, September 29, 2008

Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde

My poor little girl is a true Gemini and this weekend was a great depiction of that. My parents came up for a visit this weekend and we had a lovely Saturday at the farm despite some rain...apple picking, pumpkins, petting zoo, and all that. Shelagh cooked in the kitchen with me and my mom on Saturday afternoon, the kids played and got along great. All in all a lovely day.

Sunday, all hell broke loose. Tantrum in the AM before my parents left. That afternoon we did our return trip to Baby Loves Disco in Boston and I could tell the rest of the day wasn't going to be easy either as Joe had to pick her up to drag her out of there. Lo and behold, tantrum in the PM. These were not just any ole tantrums either...we're talking at least an hour long on the PM one. She screamed so hard and so long that she actually lost her voice last night and into today. I finally got her calmed down and in bed a little big early at least and lay with her for all of the 120 seconds it took her to fall asleep. I just stared at her and felt so sad for how out of control she must feel. There is no way she has control over her emotions at that point...she was a complete tornado. I'm frantically reading The Explosive Child. I have got to catch her earlier in her tantrum process and try to help her prevent the spiral downward. Poor thing was so exhausted by the time she fell asleep and Joe and I were officially spent.

No comments: