*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, September 19, 2008

Meal Planning wk of 9/21

Stuck with last weeks plan...it's nice to be cooking new things again. The Shepards Pie was great, liked the mushroom sauce with tortellini and just made the pork/broc stir fry which was good but a little too orange-y. All good recipes. It's Joes bday on Thursday so I'm going to try a braised short ribs recipe with the crock pot while I'm at work. Hopefully it will work!! He loves carrot cake and I have a great recipe for one, but not sure I'll have time for that. I'll try!!

Sunday - Pork Roast or whatever is hearty in the supermarket when we shop Sunday afternoon. Maybe some roasted carrots to go with it.

Monday - Leftovers

Tuesday - Tortilla Espanola - This is a potato/egg frittata kind of thing from Food & Wine, I think, but the recipe isn't on the site. There was an article about Mario Batali's new show on PBS travelling through Spain. Looks yummy...We'll call this Circle French Fry Pancake for the kids.

Wednesday - Chicken cutlets maybe.

Thursday - Joe's Bday! Braised short ribs in the crock pot from Bon Appetit under the family meal column. Probably with some buttered egg noodles and a salad. It's mac & cheese night for the kids so I'll sample some of this on the side for them. Carrot cake is Joes favorite cake... I use the cake from 1 Bon Appetit recipe and and the frosting from another.

Friday & Saturday - My parents are here so I usually leave the menu to them and whatever they have extra of from their cooking classes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Joe happy birthday from us. By the way, Craig is in Boston this weekend! I will email you his cell number. He's staying with Scott in Hudson and going to the Pats game on Sunday.