*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, September 8, 2008

It's a ....

GIRL !!

Unfortunately, the kids couldn't come in and see on the UltraSound. They didn't have my appointment in the computer so I had to drop them off and Joe and I went back. However, on the way to dropping off Joe at the train, we ran in to tell her while she was at school. I handed her the U/S pics and Joe said "That's your little sister!" It's good he said it b/c I had a huge lump in my throat. She showed her teachers the pics and seemed pretty happy about it.

Joe articulated finding out this time perfectly a few days ago. No matter what it was going to be, it would be so exciting and we'd be so happy. But, since we have both, you can't help but have a little nugget of sadness for not having the other. I have loved so many things about having a girl and about having a boy and what he said makes perfect sense to me. I do think a girl brings just the right mix into our family. I feel like Rory will be the more sensitive one about having a new baby in the family. He worships Shelagh and spends a lot of time with her friends who are more girls than boys. I think he'll be more comfortable nurturing a little girl than boy.

I was totally nesting this weekend and spent several hours in our storage room going through the 0-3 and 3-6 clothes from both kids. I had a lot of stuff that we didn't or wouldn't use so I managed, out of those 2 sizes, to get 3 bags for the Salvation Army. It was so much fun going through and folding up all those little onesies and stuff.

2 comments:

GreenStyleMom said...

Congratulations on another girl!! If we have a third, I would feel just like you and Joe. With one of each, I would be happy yet disappointed no matter what the sex. Sometimes I think I want another girl so Kate can have a sister, other times I think I want a boy so Jack can rough and tumble. I suggested 2 more to Matt, but he just rolled his eyes at me! LOL

Anonymous said...

Congrats...another girl to join the ranks! So happy for you, Joe and the kids. Now I get to go shopping for #3.