*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Meal Planning wk of 9/14

Haven't done this for awhile...I've been seriously slacking on the cooking front and the kids are on a crap kid food rotation that just has to stop. Here's the plan for the week...a few new recipes in the mix too finally.

Saturday - Joe's golfing so I'll wing it for me. Shelagh requested Squash, Corn, and Broccoli. She's so good :) Who knows what I'll give to Rory.

Sunday - Bison Shepards Pie (not online yet - from Bon Appetit Sept 08) & Molten Chocolate Cakes with Peanut Butter Filling (Food & Wine). My bday is Tuesday so I want to try these cakes as my bday cake since I work on Tuesday. And, of course I'm making my own bday cake :)

Monday - Shrimp & Polenta Cakes (Cooking Light). Kids: Sausage, Polenta cakes (we will call them small dinner pancakes and see what happens!), peas

Tuesday - Tortellini w/ Porcini Mushroom Sauce (Bon Appetit). Kids: Scrambled egg, ham, and cheese scramble

Wednesday - leftovers

Thursday - Broccoli & Pork StirFry (MS Everyday Food). Kids: Mac & Cheese night.

Friday - leftovers, whatever

No comments: