*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, September 26, 2008

Old Lady Shoes

Yesterday, while getting ready for work, I put on a lightweight pair of corduroys that I had from Babystyle...really soft and a giving waistband without the big preggo belly cover. I realize that I have no "everyday" black shoes. For the summer I wore just flip flops, for the most part. So, I wear sandals with my corduroys and decide to hit DSW during lunch.

I approach DSW with warp speed, skipping the aisles of pumps and dress shoes (who wears those?) and going right to flats, clunky shoes, clogs, non-athletic sneakers, etc. I know what I want so I skim really quickly and start to see a pattern between the shoes I stop to look at...Aerosoles, Clarks, Hush Puppies, Naturalizer...Holy Crap! The only shoes I'm liking these days are all old lady shoes!! I ended up with good old cheap MUDD brand for $29. But, seriously, where did my funky and fancier side go who loved Steve Maddens with huge block heels and Nine West dressier shoes. Who the hell knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a pair of shoes when I was pregnant with Emily that I called my "lesbian shoes"...they were awful! I promptly threw them out after she was born. My feet have gotten so much bigger after having three kids that I can barely squeeze my feet into any shoes that aren't clogs or flip flops. We have a party this weekend and since I no longer work and have to get dressed up my closet consists on a varying size of jeans, t shirts (long and short), clogs, and flip flops. I need to get my girl on and get some nice clothes!