*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shelagh, the Mother Hen

Shelagh is such a good big sister. I was getting ready upstairs this morning with Rory. Shelagh came upstairs with a cup of grapes and this conversation ensued...

S: Rory, you want some of my grapes?
R: Sure, She-wah. Thanks! (then pops one in his mouth and reaches for another one)
S: Wait, buddy. Finish chewing that one first. It's really big....Okay, now you can have another one. Good job, buddy.

She talks to him in such a gentle, sweet voice. It's really precious.

On the way to drop off Rory this morning he chimes in with "Hey Mommy, can I listen to Eye of the Tiger?". It's on a mix CD the kids have and I can't believe I have to listen to this crappy song again. Hearing it when it came out originally was bad enough.

No comments: