*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, April 29, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread & Muffins

Got this fabulous recipe from my friend Phoebe at work...So great.  We had 3 rotten bananas so I figured this would be a good idea and made it today with Rory while Kelly napped.
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 3 medium bananas or 1 cup mashed
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt (I didn't have a measurement for this but I did have an instruction so I guessed and it seemed to work out okay!)
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup hot water
  • 6 oz chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup walnuts optional (I didn't include - not crazy about nuts in my baked goods)
  1. Melt butter
  2. In a mixer, blend sugar and butter
  3. Mix in beaten eggs and mashed bananas, blending until smooth
  4. Sift plan flour with salt and baking soda and then stir in whole wheat flour
  5. Add flour mixture into wet ingredients, alternately with hot water
  6. Stir in choc chips/nuts
  7. Scoop into 6 muffins and turn rest into greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
  8. Bake bread at 325 for 1 hour, 10 minutes (as I type this I realize I did 350 which explains why the bread was toasty on top :)  ).  Muffins were in for 20 minutes.

No comments: