*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, April 4, 2011

Honey Ricotta Cheesecake

Made this Giada De Laurentiis Honey Ricotta Cheesecake recipe for Supper Club Saturday night.  It's part cream cheese, part ricotta with a ground biscotti crust.  It had a great consistency - I like the combination of the 2 cheeses.  I did use the whole container of ricotta which was 3 oz more than the recipe called for (which screwed up my stuffed mushrooms which needed those 3 oz!).  I don't think that did much other than maybe dilute the honey/orange zest flavor perhaps.  Hard to know.  I'll make it again and figure it out though.

Rest of Supper Club Menu:
Apps
- Mozz wrapped w/ Prosciutto baked in Marinara (from Mom)
- Mushrooms stuffed with Sausage, Spinach, Ricotta, Parm

Main
- Pork Roast with a garlic herb paste (with bones)
- Penne alla Vodka (Lidia Bastianich version)
- Sauteed Escarole in garlic
- Tomato Onion Arugula Salad (also from Mom)

I think all came out as I wanted.  Of course I bought/made too much and now have a plethora of cherry tomatoes, arugula, and escarole.  Bought too much Pork (9 lbs w/ bones), but realized before cooking and cut off part to save for another time.  Ended up with 1 slice left.  Yeah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG does that look good!

Aunt Harlee :)