*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, April 29, 2011

Birth of an X-Wing Fighter

After several false starts, Rory finally made it 14 days in a row without whining, complaining, stalling, and being an all out pain in the ass at dinner time.  He tried things on his plate and didn't take an hour to eat.  As a reward, I brought him to TRU to get a new Lego kit.  He selected the Star Wars X-Wing Fighter.  It took just 2 sittings and he finished it.  He did 90% of it by himself, with some help from me and Joe when he had some mistakes we had to backtrack to fix.  He loves these kits!

I'm happy to report that he's gotten SO much better at dinner.  Last night he actually started eating his pork chop without me saying a word.  He was anti-meat for awhile so I was thrilled to see him taking some initiative and digging right in.  There's something to be said for bribery.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Rory!

Hugs & kisses from Aunt Harlee :)