*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Operation DEYIAB - Part 2

Operation Don't Embarass Yourself in a Bathing Suit begain in a Gap fitting room.  Part 2 is me taking drastic measures to 1) Lose some lb's and 2) Drop my cholesterol from it's ridiculous number to something bordering on normal.  I'm taking a swing at going vegan for the next month and a half or so - Memorial Day weekend probably.  My friend just lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks doing this, so what the hell.  It's been 1 1/2 days.  It's hard.  I'm finding not having dairy being harder than not having meat.  I like tea, but I miss my coffee with milk (more like milk & sugar with a splash of coffee).  I spent mid-day today roasting a slew of veggies - carrots, parsnips, brussel sprouts, celery root, fennel.  Making a vat of brown rice now and cooking up some cabbage and zucchini as well.  Here's what I've eaten so far:

Monday
Breakfast - rye toast w/ jam, tea
Lunch - huge salad w/ tons of veggies and beans
Dinner - pizza w/out cheese - dough + pesto + mushrooms + broccoli
Snacks - breadsticks

Tuesday
Breakfast - english muffin w/ jam, tea
Lunch - Hummus, pita, avocado, cucumbers
Dinner - Rice, Veggies (add on chicken for kids & Joe)
Snacks - veggies while I was cooking them today

Still planning to do my Tues & Fri at the gym for 1 hour.  That's about all I can manage with my schedule and needed level of sleep.  Keeping track of everything on myfitnesspal.com.  We'll see how I do!

2 comments:

Greenstylemom said...

good for you! I'm feeling a lack of motivation lately for both excercise and cooking. A bad combo for the backside!

JFM said...

Please send leftover veggies my way! I am in need of drastic measures!