*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, April 18, 2011

Operation DEYIAB Week 1 Complete

All in all, I'm so pleased with Week 1 of the plan.  It looks like I lost 3 lbs, but who knows...I weighed myself at the kids Dr office a week or so before I started.  I weighed myself yesterday AM at home, but I don't know if I trust my scale so much.  I think I'll make my annual exam appointment for June to give my cholesterol time to improve and to put a goal in place to stick with it until then.

After 6 days of completely sticking to the plan - no meat, no dairy - day 7 was a "cheat" day.  I was feeling mixed about Sunday, but we had brunch plans with friends yesterday morning and we had my MIL's surprise 70th party at a restaurant that is known for their steak/meat that I had been wanting to try for awhile.  So, I decided to go off plan for the day but try to keep things in moderation.  On one hand, I could have totally stuck to plan if I didn't have plans but certainly I was excited for both events and didn't want to be picking away at a salad while everyone else was feasting.  I think I did a pretty good job overall. 

Breakfast: Oatmeal made with water and a bit of maple syrup (better made w/ milk, but water is tolerable)
Lunch: small Slice of fritatta w/ roasted red pepper, few oven roasted potatoes, small piece of baked salmon, fruit salad, 1 mimosa, few spears of asparagus, 1 mini Reses peanut butter cup (I couldn't resist, but was thrilled I stopped at 1!!)
Dinner: 2 crackers w/ crab dip, salad w/ balsamic dressing, few slices of duck breast w/ some kind of sweet sauce and braised endive, 2 sauteed sea scallops w/ parsnip puree, small bit of asparagus, few bites of Joe's sirloin, 1 small onion ring, 2 bites of chocolate cake, 2 bites of Rory's chocolate chip cookie, 1 bite of Kelly's vanilla ice cream, and 2 glasses of Chardonnay. 

A mix-match of lots of stuff, but just a small bit of each.  This will probably be more of what I do after the vegan trial period is over.  Moderation.  Something I don't know much about. 

No comments: