*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Operation DEYIAB Day 3

Okay, technically milk is the last ingredient in the wheat english muffins and some pasta has egg in it.  I'm sure there is some milk and/or egg in the pita and regular bread I will depend on for some bulk.  I also need to take a multi-vitamin I would think. 

Breakfast - whole wheat english muffin with jam, tea
Lunch - flax/oat pita, hummus, avocado, roasted peppers, cucumbers
Dinner - wheat angel hair pasta w/ tomato sauce, roasted veggies (torture watching the kids eat leftover spiral ham.  I LOVE HAM. well, pork products of any kind, really.  but, ham has always been my achilles heel - since i was a kid.  favorite meal if i got to choose?  ham, fettucini alfredo, and salad with ranch dressing.  seriously.)
Snacks - dried apricots

I need more variety in breakfast.  A friend at work just gave me oatmeal from Trader Joe's that only calls for water, not milk, that I will try tomorrow.  I am really particular about oatmeal...it needs to be thick and grainy like risotto...not packets for sure.  I will try it though.  My friend said it had nice texture...I'll go light with the water so it's thick at least and will add some maple syrup.

No comments: