*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lava Flow

Not that people want to hear about the details of my kids poop, but here we go. Of course we are on our way out of the house and in a rush this morning. I finally get Shelagh and Rory into shoes and coats (this is an ordeal every day - "Mommy, I need you to help me", "Mommy, I can do it myself", "Mommy, I have to poop now", etc, etc...you get the idea). As I get Kelly strapped into her carset she lets out this man-size fart and I know she's going to explode now. And she does.

Out of the carseat and over to change the diaper. I open the diaper and here comes more. Ewww. I close the diaper again quickly and - success - the poop is caught in the dirty diaper. You'd think I'd wait a minute or two before trying again, but no. I start to wipe it up and BAM, out comes more. Damn, it hits the onesie so now I have to take off her sweatshirt to change the onesie. It's hard to be annoyed b/c she is smiling so big up at me. I put a new diaper underneath her and BAM, out comes more again and Rory replies with "Mommy, Kellys poop is yellow! I love yellow!" Which he does.

It's now all over the changing pad cover, my hands, her onesie (it's a dance to get it over her head without transferring the poop to her hair, by the way). It's bad enough changing stinky poops all the time, but actually watching them come out and trying to catch them is a whole other ball game. And that was my morning!

No comments: