*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Southie Java House Snick

A shout out to Southie...
We just dropped Joe off in South Boston for a wedding tonight. I made him first pull over and sit with the kids while I got my first Snickerdoodle coffee (with extra milk and sugar) at the Java House coffee house on Broadway. Regular, not Decaf after my night last night. It's been at least 8 years since I've had this awesome joe. Throws me back to the days when Joe and I first started dating. He lived next door to this local coffee house and I'd grab a Jumbo "Snick" on the way to work every time (Jumbo means medium, by the way. Starbucks isn't the only one that misnames their cups). It is so damn good. Tastes just like a snickerdoodle cookie. I also bought a pound of it to bring home. There is a place called Baileys at the other end of Broadway and L Street that has great Snickerdoodle coffee too, but Java House takes the cake and it was a stones throw when you were hungover and had to stumble over. Hats off to Southie Snick. (Thinking of MA now, Bets?).

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Thanks for the shout out! I knew when I saw the name of the post that I would have some great memories flooding back. Java House...ahhh. I miss that place and I miss you! Hope to see you this summer. Plans are in the works for a Boston trip.