*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, April 27, 2009

Miscellaneous Notes on Walking Around Like a Loser and Cleaning

The other day I went to DSW to look for comfortable walking shoes for our upcoming trip to Disney. I rolled up my long jeans legs super high while trying on shoes and continued to walk around like that all day. Didn't notice I hadn't released the nerdy rollups until later at home. Nice.

Question: Why do people get those walkie talkie phones? Is it just too hard to put the cell phone along thy ear? Are we SO lazy and/or deaf that we need to broadcast the conversation with an echo out loud for all to hear? So annoying.

Today I managed to shower (hooray!), go to the outlets about an hour from me to return a few things from my last trip, pickup more of that awesome Snickerdoodle coffee on the way home, write 2 thank you notes, put names on Shelaghs bday party invitations (not addresses yet - why can't I finish anything I start????), clean the accumulated dirt and dust off of the double stroller and try it out with Kellys car seat, play with and feed Kelly and watch last weeks Greys Anatamy (during which I cried - do they have to kill a kid every week?).
I also vacuumed the filters on 2 of our A/Cs today. It was 80+ degrees yesterday and is supposed to be 90 tomorrow. Rory woke up from nap yesterday with a full wet head of sweat, poor kid. I don't know if I've ever seen such a gross collection of dirt/lint/dust ever as I did on these filters. See for yourself. Obviously, the bottom 2 squares show "before" the big vacuum and the top 2 squares show "after". So gross.


While we're talking about cleaning, I'm LOVING the Biokleen concentrated laundry detergent and dishwashing powder I've been using. It's cheap, goes on for 65+ loads, and smells just enough to be pleasant without overpowering - hard to find that combination. I was loving the Method Dishwasher rock things that you just pop into the powder container, but I can't seem to locate those anywhere. Have also been loving the Method wood cleaning wipes with the mild almond scent. Normally I don't like scents, but this one is okay. They also have an unscented hand soap I've been using that is working well for my sensitive skin and aversion to most scents.

Off to pick up the kids and continue the mad rush to prep for our upcoming Disney vacation. YEAH! More on that later.

No comments: