*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Martha Stewart Ham

I picked up one of these at Costco a couple of weeks ago and just made it this weekend. It's all natural, but not spiral cut. I almost didn't buy it b/c it wasn't precut, but it was really excellent! I cooked it for 2 hours at 300. Before the last 30 minutes I scored the outside and glazed it with 1/4 cup brown sugar mixed with 1/4 cup of honey. I did have to warm it in the microwave for 20 seconds or so to soften it enough to mix it and spread it. The glaze was awesome. Everyone liked it and now what the hell am I going to do with all the leftovers?????

I saved the bone to make the ham and bean soup. I guess I could put some of the meat in that too and freeze it. I don't usually like to freeze cooked meat. The last 2 days I've had ham & pineapple dipped in honey mustard for lunch. I'll put some in scrambled eggs. Looks like Joe and I will be eating this for lunch for the next week or two.

No comments: