*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pumpkin-Cranberry Muffins

Rory and Kelly were both sleeping after lunch yesterday so Shelagh and I decided to make muffins. Rory has been sans vegetables for awhile now so I decided on Pumpkin-Cranberry. He likes all muffins so that's my guarantee for him with veggies. I had clipped a recipe from Cooking Light. I didn't have any buttermilk, but made some with milk and lemon juice. Also, I increased the cranberries (or rather Shelagh decorated the top of each muffin with extras). They came out nice and smelled up the whole kitchen.

As a side note, Kelly and I tooled around Barnes & Noble last week and I finally picked a muffin cookbook so I can start making more varieties. It's called 500 Best Muffin Recipes by Esther Brody. She had other baking books and after spending an hour looking at about 7 different books, this one seemed like what I was looking for. I'll post when I make something from it.

No comments: