*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Movie: Australia

I have one word for this movie...BORING! I love a good epic love story. A nice historical fiction filled with romance, working the land, struggle, etc a la Thornbirds, Far and Away, and others of that type. This was just hokey and corny. I had heard something about this being sort of like Out of Africa. NOT EVEN CLOSE, people. I kept falling asleep (which actually says nothing of the movie since I could be out cold on any given day at 8pm) and finally gave up like 1/3rd of the way through. Joe watched a little more than me, but as far as I'm concerned...DELETE. You could see the stamp of Baz Luhrman (Moulin Rouge) all over it...a little too flashy, a little too stage performance. I loved Moulin Rouge, but that was intended to be a flashy, bright, beautiful musical - this was not. Blah, blah.

Speaking of good love stores, RIP Erich Segal. "Love Story" is possibly one of the saddest and most intense love stories of all time. Ryan O'Neill had such promise.

No comments: