*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Unexpected Purchases, Here We Come

In the middle of cooking a pork roast a few weeks ago, I was greeted with this:

What the f&^%? A year and a day or so (just over warranty of course) after I got this piece of crap electric oven the whole rectangular computer piece there fell out and down into the back of the unit. After I tried massive amounts of duck tape to no avail, my Mom and Dad saved the day by packing the back of the stove with styrofoam blocks from Michaels to hold the computer piece in place. Needless to say, it's been downhill since.
A couple of months before Thanksgiving (which I host), I noticed things taking longer than they should baking such as Joe's birthday carrot cake. I completely over cooked it eventually. Then I got an oven thermometer and figured out how to compensate with the computer settings so that I got to the temp I needed. Well, that didn't really work but at least my Thanksgiving turkey was done 2 1/2 hours early rather than being underdone I suppose.
Now I have this. I completely freaked. This happened the day before I went away leaving Joe with all 3 kids for 4 days. His calm demeanor prevailed and after unplugging it and plugging it back in, the pork roast was saved. This is a freak accident waiting to happen.
Also, my dryer takes 2 cycles to dry anything these days on the hottest setting. Or, my washer isn't spinning well enough. I feel new appliances on the horizon.

2 comments:

Concerned Shareholders of Parsons Village said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom said...

BLUE BALLS!! Didn't I give you them for the dryer?? Used to take 2 full cycles to dry our king sheets + 6 pillow cases ~ now takes one ~{:o)

Your Mama