*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, March 7, 2008

Good Day & Devasted Crying Child

I got a lot accomplished today. I have a friend coming up this weekend with her son, who is a few months younger than Rory. It motivated me to clean and despite the fact that Shelagh boycotted nap today, she did a great job occupying herself and I finished what I needed to for the most part: 4 loads of laundry (none left overnight in the washer inadvertantly which is huge), vacuuming, wiped down both bathrooms, and cleaned the frig and kitchen.

It's just me and the kids tonight for dinner. I'm going to eat with them and watch Rory NOT eat a lovely pork chop dinner with chopped broccoli and whole wheat angel hair pasta with pesto. He's actually done ok the last couple of days after having gone 4 nights in a row without a bite of dinner. He ate mac & cheese last night; ate sweet potato fries the night before unknowingly of course; asked to try a mushroom today while I was unpacking groceries; and asked to try a cherry tomato. He didn't like either, but at least he asked!

Okay, I spoke too soon. He is bawling his eyes out right now with his head on his hands at the table saying "I NOT A BUMMER". Shelagh said she thought he was a bummer b/c he had naughty behavior today. I wish I had the camera to get this on film, but Joe has it. What am I going to do with this kid.

No comments: