*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Movies: Michael Clayton and Once

Michael Clayton
We both really liked this movie. Tilda Swinton won the Oscar for best supporting actress. We've now seen 3 out of 5 of the movies in this category (American Gangster, Gone Baby Gone, and Michael Clayton). TS was really good in this movie, but I think I'd still give it to Amy Ryan from Gone Baby Gone. I digress. Clooney was awesome - intense, pained, struggling. Tom Wilkinson did crazy well. Good story, progressed well. Overall a good drama.

Once
This movie was amazing. I had already been listening to the music which is beyond beautiful. The plot is very simple...guy meets girl and girl inspires guy to reengage in his life. The development of their friendship is slow and steady and deep. However, it isn't predictable. It is a simple and touching movie. I won't give it away. I did cry several times...though that doesn't really mean anything b/c I've been known to cry during commercials. It was great to see the music paired with the film and the 2 "making of" extras were really interesting as well. Highly recommended!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Thanks for the reviews...I'm always looking for a good movie!