*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lemon Garlic Chicken w/ Escarole & Orzo

I made a super-easy dinner last night from an Everyday Food recipe from this past months issue, I think...I'd have to double-check. I would change a couple of things, but it was pretty good, fast, and easy. The chicken was a whole cut up chicken spread out on a cookie sheet with some cut up lemons and smashed garlic cloves. Drizzle on a little olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper and roast at 450 for a 1/2 hour. The orzo had a teaspoon of olive oil and some dried dill and the escarole was sauteed with garlic. The only thing that was a bit of a pain was cutting up the chicken, but you can always buy a pre-cut chicken and there is a part of me that enjoys using really sharp poultry scissors to just hack up a whole bird. I did overcook the chicken a bit, which I always do with chicken, and I would reduce the amount of lemon. I've never been much for lemon in recipes, but it's starting to grow on me.

No comments: