*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, March 7, 2008

Movie: Candy

I'm embarrassed to report that I spent over an hour on Facebook last night. Doing what? Who knows. There is not much do on there, yet once again I looked up and too much time had gone by. Answering messages, writing on walls, poking, looking at pictures, and - my favorite - taking silly and random movie quizzes.

Then I watched Candy, a movie Heath Ledger made after Brokeback Mountain. It was about a couple who are heroin addicts and just completely come apart. It was an intense and really well done movie. It reminded me a bit of Rush (another great couple-stuck-in-addiction drug movie), but with less drama. Both Heath Ledger and Abbie Cornish did a superb job...It was really more about their relationship while falling into and being stuck in addiction. I hadn't heard of her before, other than hearing she might have been involved with Ryan Phillippe when he and Reese Witherspoon broke up. She's coming out with some films soon too, so I look forward to seeing her more. Anyway, I recommend it although I think it's on Long Wait on Netflix right now due to the untimely death of HL.

No comments: