*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, March 10, 2008

Trying to Refresh my iPod

I went through the dusty box of CDs last night to find something to add to my iPod and to see what we actually have before I go hogwild on iTunes. Lots of classic rock, folk rock (me), some punk type stuff (Joe), R & B/Disco, soundtracks, some alternative. Not much new music, folks.

I downloaded a couple of individual songs that I could work out to, but not much. Mostly some disco...Earth, Wind & Fire; Commodores; Bee Gees; a couple of individual songs from some soundtracks. I downloaded a few new songs such as that song from the movie Once that won the Best Song Oscar. It's not exactly a good workout song, but it is a beautiful song and does give me goosebumps which might be motivating in its own way. They totally deserved the win for that song.

I think I want another iPod. Is that totally ridiculous? The mini I have only holds 1 playlist and what I want to work out to and what I want to listen to at work are totally different. Then again, my ears hurt from listening to my iPod all day at work today. Yes, I'm sort of still getting stuff done while I listen to music. Sort of.

4 comments:

GreenStyleMom said...

I want to get an ipod dedicated just to the kids, and my husband thinks I'm nuts! I just think it would be nice to have their music (and maybe movies!) not on my ipod...

Anonymous said...

I need a peronal shopper for music. I have virtually nothing new on my ipod, nor would I know where to start. I guess I am an old fart.

Shannon said...

LOVE that new song that won the Oscar...

PopMom said...

My husband read this and officially vetoed my "2nd Ipod" idea. It's really pretty frivolous to buy a new one, so I can't argue with that. He has a bigger one that I could just create a separate play list on for me. He just has so much Music on there I don't like and we don't have all the music he has on iTunes, so who knows if I can even do that. Oh well.