*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, March 3, 2008

Sturbridge Girl Time

I met my cousin in Sturbridge, MA yesterday for lunch and hang out time. She lives in CT and this was the mid-point. We stumbled across this beautiful store filled with homemade jewelry, house accessories, bags, and other miscellaneous items. We spent a good hour and a half in there browsing, buying, talking...it was really great. The jewelry was so pretty and unique and not expensive at all. I was thankful I hadn't splurged at any of those Lia Sophia parties people have been having lately. I got a green, bronze, antiquey necklace and earring set and a pretty multi-color beaded necklace and bracelet set with lots of browns and pinks. I got a super cute silver necklace with a pink butterfly for Shelaghs 4th bday in May and a mothers day gift for my mother-in-law too. I also stumbled upon a really lovely beaded hanging thing that had the exact colors of my living room, so I bought that too with a soft beige wall bracket to hang it from...everything was on sale too! The store is called Sadie Greens and they do sell stuff online apparantly. I'll definintely be back there for more if I need anything.

My cousin and I had a nice 2 hour lunch afterwards just talking and catching up. It's nice to have the one-on-one time outside of our big family gatherings where we can just talk and get to know each other more as adults. I think and hope we'll do it again soon both with and without the kids. I relaxed and laughed listening to Howard Stern for the hour long trip there and back. It was a sunny crisp day out. The kids got some alone time with Joe before he heads out on his annual ski trip. It was a relaxing and nice slow day all around.

No comments: