*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's Going to be a Great Day!!

It is amazing what some sunshine and a 50 degree morning brings out in me. What a fantastic morning I've had so far...everything has gone well and I can't remember the last time I felt so great starting out my day. I'm generally mostly on the sarcastic side with a splash of negative :)

The kids went to bed late so they both slept in a bit this morning (of course on a work/school day). I actually got through my whole shower and getting ready for work BY MYSELF! What a pleasure. Shelagh woke up smiling and actually put her clothes on by herself while we were making breakfast WITHOUT BEING TOLD and was happy with what I put out for her and said so - "Mommy, I LOVE this shirt. How did you know I LOVED it?" After she got dressed, she came running into the kitchen and said "Did I surprise you, Mommy?" While she was eating, she specifically requested her "Party Hair" which is 2 pigtails and is my favorite on her. Throughout breakfast she was singing that Maroon 5 song "She Will be Loved", but with her own special words which totally crack me up..."I don't mind spending the day. Out on the corner in the Donut Rain". Here she is showing me how happy she was this morning. And, Rory too, b/c if Shelagh is saying cheese and showing me her teeth, then he wants to also...

CCCHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!!!

Add on to a great "No Yelling" morning the following:
  1. I'm having a good hair day (there aren't many left since I have a huge mop of curly hair and the warm weather is coming. it's time to stock up on gel.)
  2. I'm loving the new necklace and bracelet set I got that I'm wearing today
  3. I didn't have to wear a coat but rather a nice light vest b/c
  4. I walked outside and it was WARM! It registered at 50 degrees in my car this morning and most of the snow from this weekend is gone already. This was shorts weather in Vermont when I was in college. Around April, we'd get 1 or 2 of these days and it was shorts from then to the end of school. Nice little flashback to college days to perk me up. If I only I could throw a frisbee.

No comments: