*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fridays Singing Extravaganza and Saturdays Lunacy

On Friday, Shelagh decided not to nap. Instead, she played next to me on the computer and sang for 2 hours straight. You might say "Awww, that's cute", but seriously...2 hours straight. And, the same 2 songs. And, the wrong words. She followed me into the bathroom while I showered after that - I threatened her with the loss of all privilages if she didn't maintain full silence the whole time.

She usually still naps for me 1 1/2 to 2 hours each afternoon, which I definintely need for me, but she is almost 4 and I think this might be the beginning of the end. I suppose I should be thrilled that she still naps at all, but now I'm used to having 2 hours to myself in the middle of the day. It really is not just for me though...she definintely still needs it. She's all wound up and sort of like the Tasmanian Devil if she hasn't rested. Yesterday, she also didn't nap and for a good 1/2 hour or so she ran back and forth along our couch saying the same phrase over and over, knocking into me, jumping up and down. Sigh.

No comments: