*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, February 29, 2008

Offensive Neighbor at the Gym

So there I was, working hard on the elliptical today when all of a sudden the old dude next to me farted. I swear to God I almost puked. The gym is not the place to let loose, people. It was so gross. I was kicking ass in the middle of a great song (Jamiriquoi, that Napolean Dynamite dance song) skimming my magazine when BAM!

Shelagh just asked me what I was laughing at and I told her that the man next to me at the gym had a gas. She said, with the most serious face, "well mommy you can't exercise next to a man that has gas" followed by "mommy, what was the mans name who gassed?" when I told her I didn't know she said "Well you should have introduced yourself". I had to explain that I didn't want to meet the rude man who gassed next to me. She just said again "You have to be really nice to the gas man and introduce yourself." It's tough to send the right messages to your kids. I think I can sum it up with this "Please introduce yourself to people and be polite...unless he or she farts next to you while you are exercising."

No comments: