*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, February 1, 2008

Lost !!! Episode 1

The much anticipated 1st episode of Lost delivered. As usual, it was FANTASTIC looking in HD...it is the single best program - sports included - in Hi-def. I have mixed feelings on the episode. Here are my notes:
  • Hurley irritates me. I like him generally - good friend/good heart/generous/blahblahblah, but he still irks me
  • I totally cried when Desmond told Hurley that Charlie was dead and when Hurley told Claire the same. I am a sucker, but I think that's the first time there was a moment of pause when someone died that seemed meaningful. It always bothers me on this show when people don't give nor do they ask for full explanations. I know you need to leave a lot in the air, but everything is so incomplete all the time. I feel like you never have closure on much. As a side note, Charlie annoyed the hell out of me and while I did get a twinge of sorrow when he locked himself in the room last season, I totally felt so much better about him when he told Desmond it wasn't Penny's boat.
  • Sawyer is still hot
  • I'm having a love/hate thing for Locke and equally for Jack. They are each on a similar trajectory, I think, but at opposite times. When Locke is bad, Jack is good and vice versa. They are both alpha males and leaders of the group, but I never stay with one for long. Jack is so arrogant on one hand, but is also trying to keep control and keep the group calm and cared for. Locke is so earnest in his faith of the island, even when he is blowing up submarines and throwing knives at potential saviours, I think his intent is the same. One is science and 1 is spirit. I'm really enjoying the joust between these 2 guys.
  • Ben is so snarky. Love it. Rousseau just nailed him and it was great.
  • I LOVE the flash forward. I think the Oceanic 6 make a deal to get off the island and I think the guilt is racking Hurley and eventually gets to Jack. For some reason I don't care who the Oceanic 6 are right now other than Jack, Kate, Hurley, which we know for the most part.
  • I LOVE Desmond. He is likable, he is macho, he is desperately in love and worships Penny, he is passionate, he is just the best character. I can't wait to see what happens next with him and I so want Penny to find him.
  • The whole Jacob thing is super creepy. I read on Pop Candy Lost comments, which are at 530 as of 4pm, that someone thought Jacob might be Christian Shepard, Jacks dad. This is one story line that I don't mind being up in the air. I like that we don't know his ultimate fate.
  • Another blog specifically about Lost if you are so inclined

Anyway, that's all for now. Feel free to make comments about the episode.

No comments: