*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, February 15, 2008

Lost Episode 3: I LOVE SAYID!

Okay, this was the first episode I really loved. I forgot how badass Sayid is when he's in his zone and I'd note that he cleans up nicely. Who on earth is he hunting down? Are they a group of people that participated in keeping everyone on the island? Are they a group of people that tried to expose the island? All this "my employer" this and "my employer" that had me thinking about Kobayashi from the Usual Suspects. I didn't predict she was hunting Sayid as he was hunting her. And, it threw me that Ben was working with Sayid...it goes against what you'd think, knowing what you know about Ben, that he'd want to or have to leave the island. You just assume he's a full proponent of life there.

I thought it was interesting that Sawyer was able to accept and verbalize to Kate his desire to stay on the island. I think it really shows him accepting and owning up to what he's done in his life previously. It's like he finally realizes that he hasn't lived on the up and up and would rather start his life again. A pretty tender moment for him...I think this kind of self-evaluation is what is going to start to separate the survivors. I'm wondering if the Oceanic 6 weren't chosen, but rather if that's the only group of people that actually decide to leave while the rest choose conciously to stay. Rose is cancer free there, so maybe she and Bernard would stay. Claire didn't have much going on in Australia and maybe she's scared to bring Aaron back there or give him up at this point. Sun is pregnant and couldn't be off the island plus they are kind of running from her dad. Locke doesn't want to leave. I'm thinking, in addition to Jack and Kate and Hurley, that Desmond, Juliette want to go. Did Sayid actually say at any point that he was part of the O6? Perhaps only 6 take the public scrutiny and others get off the island, but go "into hiding" or something like Witness Protection.

Once again, I don't feel like any questions were answered, but I felt strangely satisfied this time...I normally don't from Lost. Maybe now there will be more than 8 episodes since the writers strike is over. Hopefully. I thought I had read that Michael and Walter would be back this season, but who knows if that will be true if they stick with the 8 completed episodes for this season.

No comments: