*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Working at Home"

Yesterday was the sickest I've been in a long time. The Dr confirmed Strep. I'm just hoping my son and husband don't get what Shelagh and I had and thankfully Shelagh didn't get the throat part. Today I'm like a new woman...amazing what 3 hits of penicillin can do for you. I'm still tired from not sleeping the last 2 nights and my throat is still sore, but nothing compared to yesterday...that was just terrible. Now I just hope all the people I've been around over the last few days don't get it (my parents, my friends house for kids dinner on Sun pm who has a baby, my co-workers who I totally exposed yesterday, etc). I would like to note for the record that I said just a couple of weeks ago to a friend that my kids hadn't been sick really much at all this year other than a stomach bug that went through the house in the late Fall. I said "knock on wood"...what the f_ ? I also jinxed the Patriots assuming they would just win the Superbowl. I suppose I should just keep my mouth shut.

Shelagh was really sweet yesterday. She said she would take care of me if I let her watch a Little Einsteins and a Super Why episode, which I did of course b/c then I could just curl up on the couch under a blanket and wait for Joe to come home and deal with the bedtime stuff. When we got home, she put her shoes and coat away and did Rory's too and said she would be my good helper. It was so cute. I also let her have a few of her Valentines treats from the bag she brought home from school since she missed the party. Maybe she knew I couldn't yell at her even if I wanted to...kids are sharp like that.

This morning I dropped both kids off at the home care where Rory goes on my work days and will split the day between working from home, reading and resting (want to finish my book 'I love you, Beth Cooper'. it's an ok book, but I'm waiting for a new one to come from Amazon that I really want to read), and maybe I'll food shop before I pick up the kids. Oooo...maybe I'll go to Whole Foods and stroll slowly through the produce and meat depts...one of my favorite things to do when I'm shopping on my own. I will surely spend too much...I better go through some recipes and make a list.

No comments: