*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Meal Planning Wk of 2/16

Here are last weeks results and this weeks plan...I'm getting sicker, so thankfully we have leftovers on queue tonight...I may just have soup and leave Joe the leftovers. The kids have been eating crap lately so I should make them something good, but I'm so not in the mood. Maybe I'll do quesadillas again with black beans and some hidden pureed yellow squash. My mom left us with a lot of grated cheese from her quesadillas that we had. I'm just wiped out and have no energy for this this week.

Last Weeks New Recipe Results
Chicken Stroganoff:
This was not that great. It would probably have been fine with either chicken thighs instead of breasts or a combination of breasts and thighs. The chicken was too dry.
Garlicky Pork Ribs on Greens - These came out terrible. I used bok choy and I overcooked the pork ribs. Won't make this again. I want to find a better recipe for the Country style pork ribs. They are really inexpensive and marbled and could be really good if cooked correctly.
Salmon - Didn't make it. Will move to this week.

This Weeks Plan
Saturday:
Parents were up and mom made braised short ribs with mashed potatoes and a gratin of sliced potatoes and celeriac. I love short ribs and these were great.
Sunday: Mom made chinese-style ribs and quesadillas which were good.
Monday: Had pizza kids dinner at friends house
Tuesday: Leftover short ribs, mashed potatoes, will make a veggie - green beans or brussel sprouts probably...just clipped a brussel sprout recipe where you separate the leaves and saute them with a raisin and lemon vinigrette that sounded good. Kids:
Wednesday: Salmon, brown rice and quinoa, don't remember what I have for veggies at home, but something green. Kids:
Thursday: Pasta w/ white cannellini beans or veggies, depending on what I have that might be getting ready to go bad.
Friday: Maybe we'll go out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel better. We are a family of four that has been blessed with the flu, strep, 1 stomach bug and pink eye. A very pleasant rotation of illness since Thanksgiving. The worst part is the fatique, boredom, and subsequent sibling fights! The best part...guilt free web-surfing because you have no energy to do anything else. Take Care. Love your blog.