*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, February 29, 2008

Lost Episode 5: Desmond

The Lost guys are on a roll this season. I have to say that last season I was really down on Lost. I was loving Heroes so much that Lost sort of fell by the wayside. Heroes had struck a perfect balance between keeping me on my toes and revealing just the perfect amount of information. Lost, on the other hand, was not telling us anything and the episodes were too slow.

Move forward to this year and Heroes just sucked. They dragged a bunch of stuff out, introduced crappy new characters, and the heroes had no common purpose. Lost, however, could not be better. Now that they have a finite number of episodes, I would guess that it's easier to map out the storylines and figure out how to start rolling out the answers.

I love the character of Desmond. He is so charismatic and you just want him and Penny to find each other so badly. This weeks episode was fantastic. It is official that there is an element of time travel associated with the island. It's not clear who else might be time traveling outside of the characters in this episode - Desmond, Daniel Farraday, a very creepy Fisher Stevens. They eluded to the "snitch" that Ben has on the boat, but didn't reveal him or her. They connected present time Desmond with present time Penny and I seriously cried. Okay, not so surprising. I couldn't shake "Upham" from Saving Private Ryan from the Daniel Farraday dude, but I think I'm into him now...something about watching him scribble math all over the place was interesting and not as slimy as he previously seemed. All in all, an A+ episode.

No comments: