*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tax Prep Done and a Couple of Movies

Yeah! So that is how I spent most of my sick day :) What a huge weight off my shoulders. My method is this:

  • Allow investment statements, bills, and other filings to pile up from February through December. In January, I'm still diligent about filing. Put them in an unused room on the top floor where no one can see them or think about them.
  • Bring file containers and piles of paperwork down to living room in December with good intentions of organizing everything in January before the W2's arrive.
  • Stare at above piles until late February - early March. Similar staring happens with clean laundry waiting to be folded.
  • Finally, organize everything for the year into those things that go along with the taxes and need to be stored, the things to actually send to the accountant, throw out whatever is possible, and file the remaining junk.

I'm proud to report that I've gotten it all together and will send it out to the accountant tomorrow! That is actually a month earlier than usual - Glory! We still usually have forms trickling in until March, but at least the bulk of my part is done. Now I just have to get my act together to do my Mother-in-Laws taxes. Hers are pretty easy, but I've never done them before April. Pathetic.

I watched 2 movies I had taped on the DVR while I did this; well, sort of watched. The Weather Man with Nicholas Cage and Lara Croft: The Cradle of Life. I know...both sound pathetic, but both were perfect for this particular activity of half-watching, half-working. Weather Man wasn't too bad - depressed guy deals with his mediocre life. It was pretty funny watching him get shakes and sodas thrown on him each time someone drove by and was pissed about the weather. Lara Croft was pure action candy. I admit it. I like Angelina Jolie. She was a bad-ass in the first one and in this one too. Plus, Gerard Butler was in this one who was awesome in 300. Overall, a decent movie. I feel almost back to 100% health-wise other than a minor throat scratch remaining. Unfortuntely, Rory is starting to cough, so I don't think this bout of sickness is over in the house.

No comments: