*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Monday, February 25, 2008

Meal Planning wk of 2/22

Totally blew this off this weekend. I realized at work today that I haven't taken anything out of the freezer, so I had to think out the week.

Last Weeks New Recipe Results:
Wednesday - Broiled Salmon marinated in a teriyaki glaze. Sushi rice mixed w/ sauteed onions and mushrooms. Steamed green beans. I overcooked the salmon unfortunately...I hate that. Kids had some of the rice and black beans w/ some cheddar on top. Rory ate 1 bean. I knew he wouldn't touch the rice, but he gets it anyway and I eat 2 dinners.

This Weeks Plan:
Friday - Joe craved cheeseburger so we got pizza place take-out.
Saturday - Scallops with Porcini Mushroom, roasted broccoli, and rice. This is my moms recipe and it involves browning the scallops, dipping them in ground, dried porcini mushrooms and sauteeing a little more with some broth and chives. SO good. Kids: Chicken, with the rice and broccoli from our meal. I went out while Joe did dinner and bedtime and he reported that Rory did not eat 1 bite and threw a complete fit.
Sunday - Chinese food - great new place near us. I judge Chinese by the quality and color of the Wonton soup and the soup at this place was great. Not piss yellow and good flavor. Yummy wontons too and veggies visible in the broth. Kids had Annies Mac & Cheese - Rory will only eat the Arthur shape. As long as Shelagh is eating as much M & C as possible, she doesn't care what shape or color.
Monday - Pasta something b/c I didn't defrost anything. Kids: probably quesadilla.
Tuesday - Skillet steaks, pasta, sauteed cabbage (saw a recipe for this in one of the magazines). Kids: chicken something?
Wednesday - Spiral Ham, brussel sprouts, roasted potatoes for all of us. I think Rory will actually eat this. He usually picks the ham out of my ham and cheese omelettes.
Thursday - Chicken Thighs with a honey something glaze. Heard it on Sirius on the Martha Stewart channel. I'll have to remember this now or try to look it up on her site. Kids: leftover ham dinner.

No comments: