*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Anti-Green

Here are all the things that go against my green goals:
1) We just bought a mini-van. I REALLY wanted a hybrid, but they don't make them yet...maybe Lexus does, but I can't afford a Lexus. Our van is way too big, but we're thinking of a possible 3rd child and the thought of 3 kids being squeezed into a sedan/wagon and me losing my trunk space was too much.
2) Our house isn't insulated. We live in an old Victorian house and while we have replaced all the windows and we did have some insulation blown into one corner of the house (I don't think that worked very well, by the way), I'm sure our heat is escaping left and right. Side note...my oil bill was $600 this month. How insane is that????

3 comments:

Dan said...

Green schmeen. I want one of the big extended Yukons or Navigators. Try to get 3-5 kids, a wife, and 3 hockey bags in a VW. I did put out my recylce bin today. I also don't waste food, that's why I'm 15-20 pounds overweight.

PopMom said...

Congratulations on being comment #1! Wonderful insight. Remember to only use 2 squares per wipe.

ejs said...

Didn't we determine your 15-20 lbs was apple weight?