*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, January 11, 2008

Making Ravioli

I made some sweet potato ravioli from a recipe in Cooking Light. I always walk by the wonton wrappers in the grocery store and think about ravioli, wontons, dumplings and think "What a pain in the ass". But, I love all those things and finally found what seemed to be an easy recipe. Shelagh helped me with the filling...it was sweet potato, cinnamon, nutmeg, and maybe some salt and that's it. Other than the labor of filling them, it was super easy. They got all stuck together b/c I wasn't patient enough to let them freeze thoroughly on a tray before putting them in a freezer bag. They still tasted really good though. I made a brown butter and sage sauce for them which was not healthy and cancelled out what otherwise would have been pretty healthy. We ate them last night with the leftover Tri Tip roast and some roasted broccoli.

No comments: