*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, January 25, 2008

Meal Planning for Wk 1/26

I try to meal plan for the week before I go grocery shopping. If I do think ahead, I usually cook most nights following and try 1-3 new recipes. The ones I clip from Cooking Light or Everyday Food are usually easy enough to do during the week. I always make more for leftovers and I try to make something more complex or that takes longer on my home days or the weekend. The kids eat early during the week and we eat after they go to bed, but we eat together on the weekends. Here's my plan for this coming week:
  • Saturday: We're out for our Supper Club (every 6 weeks or so w/ 6 other couples rotating houses). The kids can have Mac & Cheese with Peas. Rory will only eat Annies Arthur shaped M&C, so I save it for babysitting nights so he'll eat something. I'll put peas on his plate, but just on principal...he'll flick them off before starting.
  • Sunday: Roast Chicken w/ Rosemary-Orange Butter (Bon Appetit), Oven Fries, Roasted Broccoli for all of us
  • Monday: Pasta w Sweet Potatoes & Leeks (Real Simple). Kids: Pasta & Meatballs
  • Tuesday: Leftovers. Kids: Chicken dinner leftovers
  • Wednesday: Steak, wheat rice, sauteed zucchini. Kids: Pasta & Meatballs
  • Thursday: Shrimp, wheat rice, snow peas. Kids: Steak dinner leftovers
  • Friday: Pot Roast (from Food & Wine), Salad w Balsamic Vinagrette for all of us

I just went through my massive expanding folder of clipped recipes and got rid of anything I hadn't made or wouldn't likely make. I got these adorable new file folders and have started writing notes on the recipes for subsequent tries.

No comments: