*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Little Dinner Party

Two families came over for kids play and dinner yesterday. Both are college friends of mine from UVM. I haven't seen ES since Easter and LB since summertime I think. They haven't seen each other since college probably. We had a really fun night. The kids warmed up and had a nice time and seemed to be finally at a point where we can leave them on their own more often than not which is nice.

I made the Tri Tip roast again, rice with onions and mushrooms (forgot to salt it though), and this awesome roasted broccoli with garlic parmesean butter recipe from Food & Wine. There was a food restriction of no Flour, no Sugar so coming up with a dessert was tough, but then I remembered a recipe for roasted pineapple and that seemed to work. For apps I made mozzarella balls with prosciutto and roasted peppers, got some salami and some cheddar and Camembert cheeses with crackers. I love Camembert...I'll need to figure out how to use the rest of it, though. I never do and it goes bad after having people over and not finishing it. Maybe a white pizza with the leftover broccoli?

No comments: