*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Bacon makes everything better

I've been doing a lot of cooking lately. Luckily, with a really flexible job, I'm home early enough to cook most nights. I made a pork tenderloin with apples, dates, onions, cumin and cinnamon that I got from Bon Appetit this past weekend that came out pretty good. It helps that it's wrapped in bacon - isn't everything better with bacon? I haven't cooked much with cumin and I think I liked it enough to try something else. I've been eating a lot of bacon lately. I also made a chicken breast (with bones and skin) that is browned in the pan after having cooked some bacon. Plus, my 2-year old loves it and we've had it with breakfast the last few weekends. Time out for bacon.

No comments: