*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Some Things About Me

Here are some other things about me...
  • I have a magazine addiction, especially cooking magazines. (subscriptions: People, Entertainment Weekly, Blueprint, Cookie, Bon Appetit, Food and Wine, Cooking Light, Everyday Food). Now and then I'll buy single issues of any number of different rags. It's the only thing that keeps me going to the gym. I can do a whole magazine on the elliptical except maybe EW. I'm going to try to cut these down in 2008.
  • I LOVE my Sirius Sattelite radio. I got it right before Howard Stern moved over and haven't turned it off in my car since. Oh yeah, I love Howard Stern. I often wonder if it's weird to switch channels between Stern and the Martha Stewart channel, which I also love. It's a challenge lately to listen in my car. While I don't think my kids are really hearing it when I put it on in the front speakers only, every once in a while Rory will chime in repeating some place name or word he hears. I suppose I'm kidding myself, but I still try. Thankfully, he hasn't repeated anything terrible.
  • I have 180 items in my Netflix list and I rate everything. There are a few TV shows which have lots of discs and a good size list of things that haven't come out yet, but it's still pretty pathetic. Can you say "Little Kids and No Life?"
  • I can't watch LIVE TV anymore. If it's not on my DVR or on a DVD, I hit pause at the beginning until I'm at least 15-20 minutes in. Anything to avoid commercials.

4 comments:

Ken Shifman said...

The blog looks great! What about reality TV? Surely you watch Survivor (maybe the best show on TV?) Or The Amazing Race? Project Runway? All very entertaining...

PopMom said...

Nice. I really can't stand reality TV and YOU KNOW IT! BOR-ING. Okay, I actually might start watching Top Chef this year and I did watch a few episodes of Work Out on Bravo on a Jet Blue flight once and that was addicting.

Unknown said...

I could not agree more about being fed up with live TV. This year for Christmas I got 30 Rock Season 1, a show I had never seen before which I totally love now, Weeds Season 2, my favorite show of all time, Arrested Development (entire series) which I cannot wait to watch and My So-Called Life entire series which is also begging for a marathon soon. I also got WKRP in Cincinnati season 1 which still kills me even though I had not watched it in 20 years and I know some scened word for word. Love your blog...keep up postd with recommendations.

Karri said...

Ok so you are my idol! As you know I'm 28 weeks prego and need to catch on to all this soon so that I have plenty of activies to do when the little devil arrives. I'm such a rookie that you would be very disappointed in me. Is there more to Netflix than just ordering movies on your list? Where should I start my tv watching? Help!
-Karri T., college friend, La, CA
PS LOVE your blog!