*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, January 11, 2008

Thursday Night TV

** ER SPOILER **
As usual, I cried at least 2-3 times during ER last night. Yes, I still watch ER and Yes, I easily cry watching TV, Movies, listening to the Radio and even commercials. ER is such a good show...what other show has lasted so long switching actors/characters every couple of years almost completely (other than those 2 nurses). Maura Tierney is an amazing actress...she needs an award or something. I seriously choked up when she admitted to her co-workers that she had fallen off the wagon and was sorry. What a bitch Sam was afterwards, but who can blame her really.

Could 30 Rock have been ANY funnier? I was iffy when it first started but it is hilarious. I could listen to Alec Baldwin call Tiny Fey "Lemon" for hours and still crack up. I wasn't crazy about Tracey Morgan or Jane K but they have both changed my mind over time. Jane K always makes me think about Ally McBeal (although the fat suit episode might have finally shaken that visual). That was a good show in the beginning, but just SUCKED by the 3rd season or so and got ridiculous. To this day, I can't look at Calista Flockheart without cringing. I tried Brothers & Sisters when it started, but I couldn't get over her no matter how much I love Rachel Griffiths (she ruled Six Feet Under and Hilary & Jackie - an awesome movie from several years ago about sisters that just kills you).

Of course we also slipped in 1 Dexter before 30 Rock started while we ate dinner and 1 Weeds between 30 Rock and ER.

3 comments:

KatieK said...

Loved the musical number at the end of 30 Rock last night...I was cracking up!

PopMom said...

Usually the musical number is a bad idea for any show, but they really pulled it off!

Dan said...

I missed the 30 Rock train and don't feel like I can get on.

They need to come up with a name for that - when you wish you watched a show but don't because you don't like coming in in the middle. I have a whole bunch - The Wire (although I've watched about 10 episodes from last season), Rescue Me (Should have listend to you) are two right off the bat.

I did catch up on Lost and Nip/Tuck thanks to Sena's epic email recaps of the first seasons.