*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Furniture!

We've been in our house for 4 years. Our living room used to be a combination living room/den/playroom until after Rory was born. Then we decided the basement was a priority and we had it renovated into a playroom (and laundry room). It was the best decision - the kids love it and have lots of space to play and their stuff is out of the living room now. I actually have space to do things in the laundry room which looks out into the playroom. I'll take a picture and post it when I get home (yes, blogging at work again).

We got an awesome TV for the living room and just a few months over a year ago got a great leather couch. It took until yesterday to find a coffee table we liked, but we did! I went to West Elm and got a coffee table, 2 side tables, a small bookcase piece, and some accessories. HUGE difference...we may actually finish a room in our house! All we have left is a media shelf for the TV components and some lamps and then I think we might be done. Then again, hanging things on our walls always takes us awhile...hopefully we can do it next weekend. I promised Joe that once we got the rest of the furniture I would finally do some window treatments. We have these terrible vinyl window shades that just ruin the room. We have nothing in the windows in the dining room at all (which is kind of freaky at night), so now I think we can do both and start to get somewhere decorating. I'm thinking Faux Wood blinds or maybe shutters.

No comments: