*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lindt Truffles and the Peanut Butter Cup Debate

Lindt truffles are just heavenly...I love em. I'm not often at Borders or Michaels, but if I am I always have to buy one at the register. Every year, my mother in law gets a bag of them for Christmas from her neighbor and passes them right on to us. I thank her and then with a big sigh state to my husband that they can't stay in the house and I'm bringing them to work. At which point, I keep them in my drawer and secretly eat them for weeks after. I just ate the 4th to last one and it was just awesome. It's warm in my cabinet so they are slightly melted and soft. We only got milk and dark chocolate this year...usually I look forward to the mixed bag so I can get the Peanut Butter ones too which are definitely the best ones. Now of course in my mind right now I'm rationalizing why I might as well finish off the last 3. It's just going to drag my bad chocolate eating at work out and why wouldn't I just have 1 really bad chocolate day and then be done with it. Answer...not a good idea...in a few days something else will crop up and I'll be eating more chocolate at work again. It's inevitable.

Speaking of chocolate and peanut butter, I'd like to share the best kept secret in delicious chocolate. That is the CVS brand Peanut Butter cup. If you are my friend and you are reading this now you might have heard my rant on the CVS PBC. I swear by them and simultaneously avoid them to protect myself. I love a good Reeses, but I'm serious...the CVS cup is better. Here's why...the peanut butter is so creamy as opposed to the slightly crumbly pb in the Reeses cup. The CVS cup is like a really good Buckeye. (If you haven't had one, Buckeyes are found in Ohio at random stores like paper and stationary stores and are usually homemade. They are also found when brought in by a co-worker who has some Ohio-person in their family tree). Plus, at 99 cents per bag of small bite-sized cups, who can go wrong? Trust me and pick up a bag next time you are in CVS and you will thank me or curse me later.

No comments: