*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Gas Station Pump Holding Device?

Who knows what they are called, but where are they???? My new mom-van has a gas cap that is attached by a cord which is not long enough to prop up the pump so I can sit in my car and stay warm. Every once in awhile you get to a pump that has the silver attachment thing inside it so you can click it into place and let the pump do it's own work. Why do I feel like most gas station owners rip those little clip things out so you have to stand there???? Even if I had a detached gas cap, I'm getting gasoline on my gloves (they are cheap old navy ones that retain that gasoline smell for extra long) or my hands or I'm pinching a finger trying to jam it in there with just the right angle or it's flying out and landing under the car on one of the few days I actually dress up for work (not many). IS THIS SO HARD????

1 comment:

daddysgirlsdaddy said...

Welcome to Massachusetts, and its inane nanny-state regulations. I'm pretty sure you can't find the silver attachment thing anywhere until you hit the Live Free or Die state. I believe it is a safety regulation that makes us all have to babysit the pump, in the same spirit of that annoying black corrugated condom that was placed over the semi-flaccid gas dispensers about 10 years ago.