*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Friday, January 25, 2008

Wanted: New Work Out Music

As much as I love the newest Foo Fighters CD, it's been on a long rotation on my iPod I use when I'm at the gym. It's time to infuse some new music (along with a new routine - mine is definintely getting dull and I'm reading more than I'm sweating). I don't like Pop music generally and am not at all up on what's going on there, but I do have a few Pop songs, embarassingly, that I like to have on my iPod for a lovely surprise during shuffle. I admit to having a Britney Spears song (I heard it first on Entourage, so that makes it ok, right?), a Justin Timberlake song (don't tell), a Kelly Clarkson song (I hate American Idol, but she can rock out now and then), an Avril Lavigne song (just shameful), and a few more I'll keep to myself. I like really upbeat feel good songs for the gym. Disco works sometimes (Jamiriquai is great for the elliptical - think Napolean Dynamite - Shelagh loves this song and danced with me in the kitchen the other night to it.) as does harder alternative like Foos. On the flip side, I also like mellow feel-good music for weights like the Garden State soundtrack...who knew I'd be doing squats and lunges to Paul Simon, but I do. I tried to just surf on iTunes, but other than listening to some cuts from singers I read about on blogs, it's a crapshoot. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Erin actually asked me to make a workout list for her a while back. Here's what I came up with.

All Because of You - U2
Mr. Brightside- The Killers
The Best of You - Foo Fighters
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Sugar, We're Going Down - Fall Out Boy
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous - Good Charlotte
Speed of Sound - Coldplay
Bright Lights - Matchbox Twenty
Dreams - Cranberries
Running Down a Dream - Tom Petty
South Side - Moby and Gwen Stefani
Ready to Run - Dixie Chicks
Goodbye Earl - Dixie Chicks
Somebody Told Me - The Killers
Sk8ter Boi - Avril Lavigne
Complicated - Avril Lavigne
When You're on Top - Wallflowers
New York, New York - Ryan Adams
Dueces are Wild - Aerosmith

I had to think of A) songs Erin likes or I think she'd like and B) songs you could work out to.

I think the list works well for her.