*** finding the entertainment in everyday life ***

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Meal Plan for Wk1/26 New Recipe Results

Since we had Annas Taqueria on Sunday, I didn't do any cooking and made both the Roast Chicken and the Pasta w/ Sweet Potatoes & Leeks last night. Poor kids were neglected, but seem to be okay playing with pillows and blankets under the table and singing songs. Joe and I ate the Pasta which was pretty good and, other than the parmesean cheese, healthy too. I'll do that one again. The chicken took a couple of hours of prep and mostly cooking time so I made it last night for tonight. I'll just make the sides when I get home and the meatballs for the kids this week too. The chicken came out okay...I don't think I'll make it again though...it was too citrusy for my taste and of course I overcooked the white meat a bit. Maybe the pan sauce will save it, although I was eating dinner while it was cooking and I boiled most of it away. I'll give it to the kids, but Rory probably won't eat it. Maybe with sweet potato fries he'll favor a vegetable instead. Not likely. Otherwise, still somewhat sticking to the meal plan and haven't had to throw out any defrosted but uncooked meat this week which is a plus.

No comments: